Monday, September 26, 2011

Final Stretch to Vanuatu

It has been a great day on the water today. We spent the majority of the day enjoying ourselves on the upper fly bridge. First land encountering should happen at 7:00 am Sept 26/11 when we pass between Pentecost and Ambrym Islands. We'll angle north toward Luganville on Espiritu Santos from there. I am imagining that I can smell land even as I sit here typing. In truth it is possible, it's just I don't believe my senses are that acute, so it must be wishful thinking. Current position - 16.10.353 lat and 168.44.554 long - 2:51 am Sept 26/11. (I believe we have a time change here, so it is probably only 1:51 am - it is dark! O.K.?)

A speck on the radar (another vessel) ran parallel to us for the better part of the day before the boat hailed us on the VHF radio. It is the catamaran "Beach House" whose owner and crew we met in Viani Bay. It was entertaining to hear of their travels in the midst of our now "old" crossing experience. Small things are greatly amusing right now.

----------
radio email processed by SailMail
for information see: http://www.sailmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment